Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I took a self-portrait of myself.

"It's deja vu all over again." "It was a sudden and unexpected surprise." "He was a corrupt politician."





What, you may ask, do these have in common? That's right, they are all redundant.
I recently watched a commercial for "Ninja Assassin" a new movie that came out late last year.
I really wish I could have been there when they decided on the name of this movie.. I bet it went something like this..

Producer 1 "We should name it something cool, like Return of the Ninja"
Producer 2 "Ninjas are cool."
Producer 1 "Yeah, people like ninjas"
Producer 3 "I like people that kill people.. what do you call those?"
Producer 1 "Those are called assassins"
Producer 3 "We should use that in the title.."
Producer 2 "How about Return of the Assassin?"
Producer 1 "How about Return of the Ninja Assassin?"

.......all pause.. looking at each other.....

Unison "NINJA ASSASSIN!"

My only question is.. aren't ninjas already assassins? like isn't the point of a ninja to go around killing people and getting away? So, isn't the title of this move sorta redundant? "Ninja Ninja? Killer Assassin??

Movies are stupid.

1 comment:

Ben&Brit said...

MOVIES AREN'T STUPID!

(Ok, maybe they mostly are stupid :-)

Hey, I saw that ad! It was funny.

Thanks for the humor!