Thursday, May 6, 2010

Seth: An Adventure for a Sharp Pencil

Ephesians 5:15-16
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. -esv


I have 2 online college courses. I usually take the test on the very last day, and somehow, I’m actually ready to take the test today, a full 3 days before the last possible day.. But as I got ready to take the test, I realized that my pencil was broken!

OH NO! I cried.
Why do I need a pencil for an online class? I don’t know.. I might, and well, you never know when you need a sharp pencil. On my way to the sharpener, I realized that my room needed some cleaning!

So, I pulled out the vacuum and began to sweep.. As I swept, I glanced out my window.

Imagine my shock to find that there were weeds growing. Me, oh my.. I said to myself. I must get those pulled before they get out of hand!

Shortly after pulling all the weeds, I noticed the lawn needed to be mowed, and knowing that a thing like mowing shouldn't be put off, I quickly sprung to action.


After all that hard work, I sat down to a nice bowl of popcorn to reward myself for a job well done.
Joe suddenly burst into my room, yelling at me that it's time to play chess. Although I needed to do my test, I was willing to be selfless and put my sibling first.

We played.... and played.. and

And before we knew it, the clock struck nine.


As I was heading to the pencil sharpener, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that the living room needed to be straightened up. After all that work, I heard Beth call..


Beth's wall: the only place you can find "Seth." A random picture she displays, to all who are brave enough to enter her room.

"I didn't call you," she replies. "Get back to work," she says.


Just as I was about to sharpen my pencil, so I could finally take my test.. I noticed that the dishes needed to be washed. Out of the goodness of my heart, I took the task upon myself.


As I scrubbed all the pots, pans, plates, forks, spoons, knives, and anything else I could find in the dishwasher, I suddenly realized that my motorcycle needed to be washed! Although I knew that my school was calling, the pencil needed to be sharpened, but washing the motorcycle was a task that couldn't be put off.


After a fine job-well-done, I selflessly cut up an orange and shared it with the family. Although they were all sleeping, I know that they would have enjoyed eating it as much as me.

Finally, I was able to sharpen that pencil.....


I finished sharpening, and looked up.. lo and behold, I was almost out of day.


Imagine that.. well, I still have two full days to do my test....

UH OH! I broke my pencil.

1 comment:

Jowy H said...

So THAT's why you ran into my room and took a picture of me with a broken pencil. :D